Hello, new friends, and welcome to The Foodtrainers Podcast! We are Lauren Slayton and Carolyn Brown, two NYC-based registered dieticians and the boss babes in charge of Foodtrainers!
Foodtrainers has been around since 2001, helping thousands of busy and motivated clients in New York create food plans that fit into their lifestyle – because we know that you don’t want to change your lifestyle to fit a new food plan! But we know that there are people looking for this kind of help all around the world, so we decided to start this show and get shout our message from the rooftops.
So, every week, we will provide real-life solutions to your wellness questions, while keeping things light and fun. In under 30 minutes, this show will provide you with nutrition info you haven’t heard and help you feel your absolute best.
Today, we’re starting things off by mythbusting the top 10 examples of nutrition BS:
- Everything in moderation
- Eating small, frequent meals works best for weight loss
- You should be eating a lot of whole grains
- You don’t need to take vitamins; you can get everything you need from a balanced diet
- Choosing BPA-free will save you from plastics
- Skim and nonfat is where it’s at
- All eggs are made equal and all eggs are bad
- A calorie is a calorie
- When you eat doesn’t matter
- You can get through a new diet or food plan with pure willpower
- Learn more at https://foodtrainers.com
- Instagram: @foodtrainers
- Facebook: facebook.com/Foodtrainers
- Twitter: @foodtrainers
- Read: The Little Book of Thin: Foodtrainers Plan-It-to-Lose-It Solutions for Every Diet Dilemma