Welcome back, FoodTrainers friends! In this episode, we dive into a juicy topic—mental health and the concept of “Seven Rules for a Happy Day,” inspired by Zainab Salbi, founder of Women for Women International.
Like many of us, Zainab found herself burning out, overwhelmed by the nagging feeling of never being enough. We’ve all been there, right?
Zainab’s journey to wellness involved a transformative shift in her definition of success—no longer solely based on external accomplishments, but rather on personal wellness and career satisfaction. Now, that’s a concept we can get behind!
Keep in mind, your rules should be tailored to your individual needs, values, and joy-sparking activities. Here are our personal seven rules for a happy day:
- Start your day with a strong cup of coffee—a simple yet anticipated daily pleasure.
- Organize your day with a to-do list jotted down on post-it notes. It’s stress-relieving and centering.
- Make an appointment to pause. Call it meditation, mindfulness, or a simple pause in your day. The idea is to manage daily stress—something we can all benefit from!
- Embrace daily movement—be it a walk, a run, or a living room dance-off. Remember, no “active couch potatoes” here!
- Immerse yourself in music. Let the tunes play and create an atmosphere of cheer in your home.
- Commit to daily reading—newspapers, articles, or that novel you’ve been meaning to get to. Aim for at least 30 minutes.
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water to maintain energy, skin health, and digestion. Bonus: you’ll feel accomplished after meeting your daily water goal.
Remember, these seven steps are not mandates. They’re suggestions to sprinkle more joy into your day, shifting your focus from stress-inducing tasks to self-care. The goal is to feel nurtured and balanced amidst the chaos of life.
We’re here to advocate for YOU. Prioritize these “happiness steps,” and arrange your day around them. Because you’re worth it.