Oh structure we missed you so. We are midway though our Foodtrainers’ September Squeeze fall reset weeks. Week 1, led by Lauren, concluded Sunday and week 2, my week, is off and running (shout out to our Squeeze achievers doing both weeks).
We design a new program, with new recipes each time (why do less work when you can do more?) but we never really know how it will go until we have a group of all ages, living in all different places, going through it. Many of Lauren’s week 1 squeezers told us it was our best squeeze yet…nice! We asked our week 1 Squeeze grads to tell us how they felt:
I feel back on track/more confident/able to say no/in control/clear-headed, rested and resolved to continue.
This Squeeze is NO booze, grains, sugar, cheese or scale (yup a full week no weigh ins). While it sounds like a lot of no’s we have a lot of yes’s too. We select special ingredients and what we call “secret weapons” to spice things up. My favorite this go around is ashwaganda. Ashwagandha is tough to say and tough to drink. Sunpotion politely says it tastes a little “earthy”, we say it tastes like dirt, unless you have it in our OMG Ashwagandha recipe. Why should you “ash”? It’s an Ayurvedic herb, used for over 3000 years, that lowers cortisol, helps body handle stress, balances thyroid hormones and improves body composition and sleep.
|Try Ashwaganda and our other new favorites in our Squeeze Bundle|
Squeeze Nightcap: OMG Ashwagandha
We love us some golden milk and this ashwagandha nightcap is a spin on the classic. Don’t stress out about our recipe, if you don’t have all of these it’ll be ok.
And if you are stressing out…all the more reason to try this.
· 1/4 tsp. Sun Potion Ashwagandha
· 1/2 tsp. Wakaya turmeric
· 1/2 tsp. Wakaya ginger
· 1 cup water
· Pinch sea salt
· Pinch black pepper (pepper increases the effectiveness of turmeric)
· 1 cup almond or coconut milk
· Optional drops NuStevia (optional)
· *Add more sea salt or stevia as needed
1. Put ashwagandha, turmeric, ginger, pepper and water into a small saucepan, add water and simmer 8-10 minutes or until this mixture reduces and thickens.
2. Add almond milk and stir, continue until mixture is warm (a few minutes).
3. Add salt and stevia (if using) and stir again.
4. Pour into a mug and sip. OMG, you’ve been ashwagandha’d.
If you want a reset, let us know and we’ll put you on the list for January “Whipping Week” info.
So what do you do when you need to reboot? Have you heard of ashwaganda? Any nighttime rituals you’d like to share?