A few weeks ago I went to Nashville for a friends birthday and was blown away by the good food, music (of course) and weather. I actually have a crush on Nash and have to share my hits with you. Of course, with only 2 days there, I cannot personally vouch for all of the below but I promise you I got my “red juice” in (aka Bloody Marys). As a former New Orleans-er, it felt like a little cleaned up, mini version of Lauren & my favorite city in the world (NOLA).
We always like to point you in the healthyish direction wherever you are so here it goes:
The Thompson hotel & rooftop, gorgeous and fun.
- Milk & Honey – in a true act of brilliance, they put you on a waitlist app that you can check the status of your table. Also, my friend ordered the Nutella Latte and that’s all I’m going to say about that.
- Pinewood social; their fried broccoli is a do-not-miss and the bowling alley vibe is so much fun. Also.. the bloody mary’s.
- The Little Octopus: All shared plates and the ceviches & the scallops were the winners… it felt good to leave dinner not painfully stuffed. We loved it so much we hit it for brunch before our flights out too)
- HUSK- the most highly recommended dinner spot, according to insta; Lauren and I went a few years ago and it’s meaty but good.
- Wander the gulch, super cute area
- Grand Old Opry, we had the most unexpected, best time with old school country music. It was a hike but well-worth it.
- Of course the honky tonk bars on Broadway, I had a nursery school (!) friend playing at Paradise Park so that was our winner. But the whole block is fantastic — Acme feed & seed, Tootsies, you really can’t go wrong.
TO GREEN JUICE:
- Juice Bar: I’m always awake the earliest so my daily ritual was to grab a “MEAN GREENS”: jalapeño • celery • kale • spinach • cucumber • parsley • lemon.
To be honest, I packed my sneakers but didn’t take them out once. There was a lot of dancing to live music though, so I got my 10k steps in.
OK, there is so much more to do, I had put feelers out to my insta-friends and here are a list of spots we didn’t get to:
Restaurants & Snacks
- Henrietta reds
- Rolf & daughters
- Black rabbit
- The Pharmacy
- Caviar and bananas
- The wild cow – vegan
- 12 south- bartaco
- jenis ice cream ????
- The ryman
- Patterson house
- LA Jackson’s
- Winners & Losers
- 5th and Taylor
- Urban cowboy
- Skulls rainbow room
- The exit in
- Frothy monkey ????
- Olive & Sinclair
This just means… I will be back ASAP. Have you Nash’d? Any spots I missed?