Surely I have heard about cardamom and maybe even cooked with it. However, I cannot recall having it with sweeter ingredients and definitely hadn’t had it in a smoothie. I poked around a little and found some other ways to cook with cardamom:
- Eating Well had chutney with rhubarb and cardamom
- Epicurious listed a Chai with Cardamom
- Worlds Healthiest Foods (a great resource) suggested mashing an avocado with a little lemon and making a topping with a little kelp powder, garlic salt, cumin, coriander, cardamom, and white pepper.
- I found a similar cardamom smoothie to the one at Peacefood Cafe
- There is also a blog entitled “the cardamom addict”
Clearly I am not alone in going cuckoo for cardamom. As you can gather, while the yoga class may have initially distracted me, the Bombay Delight completely changed the tone of the day. It went from TGIF to TGTC or thank god there’s cardamom!
Do you cook with cardamom? Any spices you are wild for? Or what do you do when you’re feeling listless and exhausted?
seriously? cardamom, dates, and coconut all in one drink? if i come ever go back to nyc, will you take me to the peacefood cafe? i love cardamom cinnamon tea…but you do have to add some half and half and honey for the complete and full effect. tea always is good for a listless and exhaustive day, but i will admit i almost always reach for the wine.