Spring is always a breath of fresh air. But if you’re in need of more than fresh air, maybe a fresh start, fresh plan or fresh program, we’ve got you covered.
Enter, Foodtrainers’ Pre-Summer Squeeze weeks. If you’re looking for more structure, intensive support or Foodtraining on steroids, this is for you.
This Squeeze is a 7-day (or 14-day for our determined 2-weekers), e-mail based jump-start. We will be your nutrition concierge for the week, in touch with you twice a day providing guidance and feedback. We will get your cravings & metabolism in tiptop shape. Plus, we have a fresh bundle of secret weapon goodies and recipes for you (find a sample recipe at the end of our newsletter).
Past Squeeze/Whipping Week participants have said our program launches them into Summer feeling: “empowered, clean, in tune, in control”. And let’s be honest, “light + tight” doesn’t hurt.
- Week 1: May 8th with Carolyn
- Week 2: May 15th with Lauren
Healthy Spring Shopping
Wholeme Salted Peanut Chocolate Clusters: our favorite grain-free, paleo-friendly cereal has a new, orgasmic (ok tasty) flavor.
ILA Cinnamon: tell your sweet cravings they’re uninvited into Spring, and this gorgeous jar can help. Sprinkle cinnamon everywhere starting with your coffee, smoothies and yogurt. It also works well in savory spice rubs for dinner meals.
Eat Chic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with Maldon Sea Salt: peanut butter cups have never been so chic. These mini cups are perfect for a post-meal sweet treat.
Spring Zuc Soup
And since we’re feeling springy, we thought we would share one of our past – Squeeze favorites: a light spring soup. This is a “taste” (pun intended) of what Squeeze recipes are like. Simple, not too many ingredients and delish.
Want more? Sign up for the Pre-Summer Squeeze here.
Spring Zuc Soup
This silky smooth soup is light & delicious. Keep it in the fridge and enjoy for days! *Serves 4
- 1⁄2 pounds zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted Kerry gold butter
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: julienned raw zucchini or mint for garnish
What to do:
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until softened, for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock to the saucepan and 1 1⁄2 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the zucchini is very soft, for about 10 minutes.
- Working in 2 batches, puree the soup in a blender until it is silky-smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Serve it either hot or chilled, garnished with julienned zucchini.
Enjoy, and happy spring!