With last week’s insane weather, this week seems to be the first official (overpacked, stressful) week of the year. For us, this week kicked off our New Year’s Squeeze program. Our 50 Squeeze participants received a rulebook, recipes & secret weapon product bundle to help them feel their best heading into 2018.
Here’s a little taste:
Squeeze Rule: Try for 10
When you eat is as important as what you eat. Your goal is 10 eating hours max, fewer if you can. This means if breakfast is at 9am, dinner by 7pm (10 hours: 9am-7pm from first bite to last).
Squeeze Secret Weapons
KiKi’s Chlorella: This is the best way to apologize to your body for the holidays, AKA our detox supplement, and that’s not a word we use a lot. Chlorella’s super powers are that it binds to metals (ba-bye mercury) and chemicals, and helps with fat loss via insulin pathways.
How to use: Pop 4 of the pretty green tablets with 8oz water with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar pre-breakfast. Work up to 8 tablets.
Bluebird Tea Skinny Minny Weight Loss Tea: you know us, this is not gross, laxative-ish, ”teatox”. This is a PuEhr/oolong tea blend that gives your metabolism a little lift. It also contains fennel, a “delicious debloater,” and ginger which keeps your tummy happy.
How to use: Enjoy 1-2 cups midday, contains some caffeine.
Anima Mundi Dream Tonic: Can 2018 be the year we all really give sleep the attention it deserves? This dreamy elixir is a mix of ashwagandha (an adaptogen that helps you handle stressors), passionflower, cinnamon and ginger.
How to use: 1 tbsp straight up 30 minutes before bed.
Our Favorite Squeeze Recipe
Adapted from Serious Eats.We will go to the ends of the earth for a great product. Our black sesame paste was shipped in from Japan. The calcium content of black sesame is 60% more than the white seeds. Black sesame is a mood booster and a healthy hair helper. Sesamin, in sesame seeds, is responsible for breaking down fatty acids while preserving lean body mass.
- 1 pound whole, peeled carrots, ends trimmed. If carrots are super thick slice in half lengthwise.
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. black sesame paste
- 1 tsp fresh juice from 1 lemon, plus finely grated lemon zest for garnish, zest before you juice.
- Minced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems, for garnish
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peeled in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer carrots to a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat, and roast until softened, about 35 minutes, turning once or twice during roasting.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together sesame paste, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt.
- Arrange carrots on a serving plate, drizzle with sesame sauce, and garnish with parsley and grated lemon zest. Serve.
This Squeeze is sold out, our next program is our pre-Summer Squeeze (May 14-20). Mark your calendar and respond to this email to be added to our Squeeze list. Wishing you a healthy and adventurous 2018.