This week at Foodtrainers is ALL SQUEEZE EVERYTHING! As Lauren mentioned earlier this week, we are busy cooking, mantra-ing, and hydrating with our official Foodtrainers Flasks. All Squeeze participants receive a package of “secret weapon” ingredients and a rulebook full of tips and recipes. There are always a few fan favorite recipes and we’ve gotten about a bazillion Instagram requests for this beauty. It’s easy, SO flavorful, and beautiful. Whip it up and be sure to tag us #ftsqueeze @foodtrainers @carolynbrownnutrition
(Pretty Squeeze Green Cauli Rice c/o @livlight_)
Squeeze Green Cauli Rice
Leftover herbs? We can’t relate, because we use up everything with this herb-y, flavorful recipe. Cauli rice is a staple in our kitchen whether Squeezing or not. Whip this up and as always, ingredients can absolutely be tweaked based on what you have on hand. We say, so “UFUH” or use the food you have. Recipe serves 2 but we suggest doubling it. You can reheat for future dinners and lunches and top with any fish, an egg or avocado.
What you need:
- 1 cauliflower, riced, or 1 package of Trader Joe’s organic frozen cauli rice
- 1 cup spinach
- 10-15 basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional squeeze of ¼ lemon or lime
What to do:
- In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and heat the cauliflower rice over medium heat for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, add all the spinach, fresh herbs, garlic, salt and pepper, water and 1 tbsp olive oil and blend until it is a smooth sauce. Taste and add an additional pinch of salt or pepper if needed.
- Take the cauli rice off the heat and add 2-3 tbsp. of your pretty green concoction.
- Voila! Plate your green rice, and post a pretty pic. Then, slowly and mindfully (and technology-lessly) enjoy.